I can't believe I am actually posting something! We had a Relief Society lesson on Sunday about gratitude. The teacher asked us to start a "gratitude journal" just listing things we are thankful for. I thought it was a great idea...when we are feeling down, we can look at our gratitude journal and realize how blessed we are...so my challenge to all of you is to take the time to write a list of things you are thankful for. I know that we are all so blessed..it won't be hard to do! Here are some things on my list...
1. I am thankful for my testimony of the gospel...and especially for our Savior. I can't believe that He took my pains and my sins upon him, but I'm so grateful that He did. I know that he knows us by name and loves us in a way that we can never comprehend.
2. I'm grateful for my family...I am so blessed to have 8 healthy children and 11 of the cutest, sweetest, and smartest grandchildren! I don't think they will ever know how much I love them. I have a husband that works hard for us and honors his priesthood...I am blessed!
3. I am grateful for wonderful friends...they make me happy! I have great friends!
4. I love my calling...teaching Seminary. I have 10 great students and I learn so much from them. I am in awe of a group of teens that come to church every morning at 6 am. to study the scriptures...we have such fun!
5. I am grateful that I have been given the gift of accepting others as they are and empowering them to improve their lives. I love my job and the people I have been able to work with...I never thought this LDS housewife could "hang in da hood" and have fun!
That's a few of the things I'm thankful for...