Sunday, August 17, 2008

35 Years of Married Bliss...ters!


Guerry and I have been married for 35 years! We celebrated in Chicago by attending the temple marriage of one of my best friend's daughters. Whitley Staller was married on August 15th in the Chicago Temple. We attended the wedding which was beautiful... a beautiful sunny day, a beautiful bride and all of her brothers and sisters in attendance. Then we did a temple session, ate lunch and went back to our motel and slept! I guess that's what old people do on their anniversary! We had a great relaxing time. On Saturday, we headed to Indiana to attend the reception. It was so great seeing our old friends from the Huntington Ward. We laughed and reminised and showed pictures of all of our kids and grandkids! We enjoyed our trip. Poor Justin dog sat Sadie for us and she got sprayed by a skunk!! Nasty, to say the least...we are still trying to get the smell out of her. Back to work tomorrow!

I have a really good recipe for fruit salsa and cinnamon chips I wanted to share.

3 peaches, peeled and chopped

1-2 apples peeled and chopped (sprinkle w/lemon juice to keep from browning)

1 qt. strawberries, chopped

1 pt. raspberries, halved

Put chopped fruit in a bowl.

Combine 2 T. brown sugar; 2T white sugar; 1/4 c. jam (any flavor; I used peach)

Mix with fruit. Serve with cinnamon tortillas: Spread flour tortillas with melted butter; sprinkle with cinnamon sugar; spray with pam. Cut into wedges. Bake @ 350 for about 10 min. Yum!

3 comments:

Jarmeg Family said...

Oh that sounds like a lot of fun! I would love to see some pictures of that! Your recipe sounds yummy too! Miss you!

Kirsten said...

Thanks for posting that recipe!! Can't wait to try it out!! I am glad you had a good time! Wish I was there to throw you a big ol' party!!! Happy Anniversary!!

Anonymous said...

VICKI! It's been too long. I happened to stumble upon your blog...and am so excited to see what you have been up to. Miss ya

heather