Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Ike Hit Ohio!








Can you believe it? Hurricane Ike hit Ohio! We have been declared a state of emergency. We were hit with 79 miles per hour winds, which knocked out electricity everywhere. In fact, my workplace- Dept. of Human Services is still without power, so here I sit at home blogging and getting paid!! You know I hate that! We were lucky, we only lost power for about 7 hours. My mom and sister are still in the dark. Mom lost her carport too. Derr road, if you've been here, looks like a disaster area. We had sent lots of our electricity repair people to Texas to help out there so we are shorthanded here. I can only imagine what it must be like in Texas and my prayers are with those people. I have never seen wind like I saw on Sunday. I know the importance of 72 hr. kits and many of the ward members are having to put them to use.

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

I can't believe those pictures! I had no idea that the hurricane has hit you guys like that!! That is so crazy!! I hope everyone is ok and my prayers and thought are with you guys!!

Jarmeg Family said...

That's crazy, i saw on the news the wind was headed straight to Ohio but I didn't realize it would do that much damage! Glad you are all ok!